rotban

Thursday, August 06, 2015

Cinemalaya XI starts tomorrow!


Tomorrow we will see the start of this year's Cinemalaya. It's a bit small scale this time; no full length features in sight. Don't fret; we'll get to see past Cinemalaya entries, some indie festival standouts and (most probably) other crazy shenanigans this year.

I generally try to minimize or avoid spoilers whenever I write about films, but there may be some small spoilers in some of these reviews, so be forewarned.

For the movies that I've seen already, here are my reviews:
INDIE NATION SECTION
Balut Country
Bambanti

INDIE FESTIVALS BEST SECTION
Dementia
Imbisibol
Magkakabaung
Violator

CINEMALAYA RETROS 2005-2014
Tribu
Halaw
Ang Babae Sa Septic Tank
Diablo
Transit
Bwaya
Donor
Bisperas
Sana Dati
Kasal

CINEMALAYA RETROS SHORTS
Rolyo

Wag Kang Titingin
Walang Katapusang Kwarto
Victor
The Houseband's Wife
Asan Si Lolo Me?

SPECIAL JURY PRIZE 2005-2014
Engkwentro
Sampaguita
Requieme
Quick Change
K'na The Dreamweaver
Two Funerals
Kamera Obskura 
Hari ng Tondo

I've already seen Brutus, Ang Pagdadalaga ni Maximo Oliveros and the international section's Tale of Princess Kaguya (ALL of which I wholeheartedly recommend if you haven't seen them yet) but I haven't written (or completed) reviews or writeups for them. Because reasons.

No comments: