rotban

Monday, December 20, 2010

A Presently Confusing Decade: Favorites from the Past Ten Years of Cinema

2010 is ending, and after 5 years of doing this blog, I guess it would be fun to make a list of all the films from the last ten or so years (2000-2009) that I really, really liked. As a bonus I'm including 2010 too, because what the hell, right?

The films themselves aren't necessarily the most critically acclaimed, nor will they probably be the ones people remember. But the reason I'm making this is because I just freaking like em. Be it the story, the characters, the actors, or just some minor trivial thing that sold the movie to me, it doesn't really matter.

Since they are so many, a top ___ would not suffice. So I'm rearranging this into categories:

Japan
South Korea
Rest of Asia (China, Southeast Asia, and so on)
Anime
Hollywood
The rest of the world (that is, not Asia or Hollywood)
Documentaries
The Worst of the Decade

Click the links to go to the respective posts. Enjoy!!

No comments: