rotban

Thursday, August 18, 2005

INSIDIOUS

I was walking around the mall and passed by a McDonalds. Guess what I saw in an ad DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THE STORE.

That's right, an ad for Jollibee.

INSIDIOUS.

I was at one of the Pediatrics wards of the Philippine General Hospital (there are 2) and the place is newly renovated. I walk around and see sick kids (natch.) Then I see that the people responsible for the renovation is McDonalds. Hence the garish McDonalds colors, and the pictures of Ronald and the kids sprinkled all around the wards.

of a hospital. See you later, kids!

the PGH have no money to speak of so it's kinda understandable, but from a marketing standpoint...

that's horribly clever.

...and

INSIDIOUS.

I went to McDonalds yesterday, ate one of those double cheeseburgers. Mmmmm-mmmm. Did I have a choice? No, everywhere else was full. Did I enjoy the meal? Hell yes. For a slab of processed meat n'cheese in a bun, that was damn tasty. I kinda want another one.

INSIDIOUS.

No comments: